Happy Birthday to Me!

So I turned 43 on Tuesday. I got my toes done. It was a lovely day. My hubby took me out for dinner, bought me lovely flowers and he and the kids bought me a camera! Yahoo! Now I can blog better and do something I've wanted to do for a while now! I'm taking a picture a day for a year. So excited to be able to do this project. Day 1 picture is my toes. :)


Day 2 picture is the blazing hot thermometer in my back yard. Crazy! That's before the humidex. It feels like 47 out there! My air conditioner is pumping overtime and it's still 80 in the house. Yuck!


And the bonus picture of the day is my new Before Shot. I've started The Body by Vi challenge to loose the last 30 pounds.  I lost the first 65 with Herbal Magic and while it was a great program, it's a huge financial investment. Which to loose that much weight, I was happy to do and recommend it to anyone! What I loved most was that I learned portion control and did it eating real food. I am finding that to be the thing that is so great for me. When I had surgery in the winter, I put back on 10 lbs. Wow, it goes on quick. And it's way harder to loose the second time around. So since I never did get to my actual real goal in the first place and now have that extra 10 on top of it, I have a ways to go before I'm done. I decided on the Body by Vi challenge because I enjoy shakes and I enjoy real food. So this is a great combo of each. I boost the meager 90 calories in the shake by adding fruit and almond or rice milk. This in my opinion is a means to an end and not a long term plan. I don't want to drink my meals for the rest of my life. I'll be tracking my progress weekly. I'm excited to be finished this phase of my weight loss and even more excited to maintain it for the rest of my life. Between Bootcamp at Nooma Life and The 90 Day Challenge, I hope you'll be seeing less of me, very soon!


Sorry for the grainy picture, I'm still learning! :)

Comments

  1. Good luck. I think you look great but I know what it's like to want to lose a bit and it sounds like you're determined! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see how you progress! And I'm excited to be a new follower of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! I think you look great but I know how it is to lose those last lbs! Good Luck you sound very determinded and that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement! Birthday week is always a challenge but I feel great about my decisions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments Most Welcome!

Popular Posts